be ok
i'm translating chuck dickens' famous scribble into my own to reference what i think about life right now: "it is the best of times. it is the worst of times." what's good is that i heard about this thing called grace. what's bad is my company is folding march 1st. i've thought plenty about both. i've drank plenty about both. the bad is fresh. but instead of going on a "fuck the economy" rant, i'm forcing myself to make a list of things to be thankful for, right now. in no particular order, they are:peppermint tea from the grey dog [thanks, bodie].
unbelievably good people in my life.
dr. david zipkowitz who is working to keep my grill in tact.
the treehouse. and the boys who live in it with me.
music. more specifically/currently bon iver, pedro the lion, duke ellington, and hockey.
the guarantee of a well-deserved spring.
reading on the subway.
five dollar footlongs at subway.
the fact that my 4 year old nokia cell phone still works.
g-chat and the three long distance friends i get to talk to daily because of it.
grace. both from people and from roofgod.
the flannel shirt that kyle gave me.
am i upset about my job? yes. is it the end of the world? no.
as my paw paw always says, be ok.


4 Comments:
Sarah Fenlaw, you have a way with words and a talent for writing. I love your attitude right now, but I am so sorry about your job. I know the Lord has wonderful plans for you! I love you and will talk to you soon.
You're amazing. That's all for now. But you really are. I miss you! Your future is bright, no doubt about it. XOXO.
you are a star.
i love paw paw and be ok.
Post a Comment
<< Home